Sound/Volume Control Method

Questions regarding syntax

Sound/Volume Control Method

Postby gbison » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Hello,

Im working on a commercial application developed to provide total media managment and playback of Audio/Video files.

The application is coming along nicely and so far KBasic has been a joy to program with. Now that I have the main control set, file manipulation and control managment in place
I wanted to add some new control sets for convience to my customers. One of these is obviously to be able to control the volume from within the music player. I have chosen to do that
with a slider bar for cosmetic purposes. I wrote all the code to control the volume within the Sound Control Box with the slider and hooked up some debuggin to output the values to print.

To make a long story short, everything works perfect except for the fact you cannot hear the volume change?? I went over the code, several times and even hooked up some print options to output the value
of volume as I moved the slider, its working just like it should but no change in sound. So with that I broke out the manual to discover that the volume property within the sound control states "Not Yet Implemented" :(

So now Im setting here pondering on the question of, what methods besides this does KBasic make available to control volume?? :?: Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance... :)
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist" . ;-)
gbison

Re: Sound/Volume Control Method

Postby berndnoetscher » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:37 am

gbison wrote:Hello,

Im working on a commercial application developed to provide total media managment and playback of Audio/Video files.

The application is coming along nicely and so far KBasic has been a joy to program with. Now that I have the main control set, file manipulation and control managment in place
I wanted to add some new control sets for convience to my customers. One of these is obviously to be able to control the volume from within the music player. I have chosen to do that
with a slider bar for cosmetic purposes. I wrote all the code to control the volume within the Sound Control Box with the slider and hooked up some debuggin to output the values to print.

To make a long story short, everything works perfect except for the fact you cannot hear the volume change?? I went over the code, several times and even hooked up some print options to output the value
of volume as I moved the slider, its working just like it should but no change in sound. So with that I broke out the manual to discover that the volume property within the sound control states "Not Yet Implemented" :(

So now Im setting here pondering on the question of, what methods besides this does KBasic make available to control volume?? :?: Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance... :)

Sorry, no chance to set it yet in the current kbasic version, but with it's successor coming in May.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Re: Sound/Volume Control Method

Postby gbison » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks friend, looking forward to the new version! :D
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist" . ;-)
gbison

Return to Coding Questions