feedback from kbasiccn

feedback from kbasiccn

Postby kbasiccn » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:43 am

bugs
1. by default, KBasic puts the binary file to C:/Documents and Settings/user/Desktop, but that is not true because on my simplfied Chinese win2k, there is no 'Desktop' folder, the true name is the Chinese translation of 'Desktop'. I think maybe that is true for win2k in other languages. I have to delete the 'Desktop' folder made by Kbasic manually.

2. in menu tools->preferences, what is the default 'stylesheet'? please give the no-name block a name, or remove the item

3. KBasic still popups the msg(which tells the user to copy *.dll by hand) after buidling the binary. but this step is not necessary now.

My opinions differ from KBasic heavily because I like little size, little resource-consume program
1. why KBasic puts many dll under H:\kbasic\deployment\windows\? these files exist in H:\kbasic\ already, KBasic can copy them from here. 12M is wasted

2. can KBasic Software supply unzip-and-run KBasic version before finnal release? KBasic updates frequently currently, that is good for users, but bad for my PC, I hate to uninstall/install again and again

3. now Kbasic copy all dlls to the folders where binary file is produced, but 'plugins', QtXml4.dll, QtSql4.dll and QtSvg4.dll are not always necessary, they takes ~2.5M. can KBasic copy the need files only?

4. Why even the hello.exe (comes from hello.kbasic ) needs QtSql4.dll?

5. 3d.exe( from 3d.kbasic) eats 13M memory. When I use upx to compress 3d.exe and *.dll for small filesize, the new 3d.exe eats 23M memory. I hope for a serious, big program, no much more memory is need.
kbasiccn

Return to Anything Else