Compilation succeeded but VM didn't work in 64bit Linux

If you have problems with the installation of KBasic, you are right here

Compilation succeeded but VM didn't work in 64bit Linux

Postby qylee » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:52 am

Hi,
I know that KBASIC is a 32bit software. But our server runs the RED HAT 64-bit EL4 system, so I try to compile the KBASIC source code after QT library installation. The compilation succeed with some modifications, include adding '//' to remark some sentences in some .h files (define.h _menubaritem.h _toolbarbaritem.h). Now the file 'kbide' can run and show the IDE frame. The sample project can be opened and the forms can be shown. Unfortunately, all samples can't be run or compiled.
So, is there any people who can solve this problem? Ah...you know, the IDE can be shown but sample projects don't work, maybe the VM needs optimization. And, maybe somebody can do that. I do hope to use KBASIC under 64bit Linux.
Thanks for your comments.
qylee

Re: Compilation succeeded but VM didn't work in 64bit Linux

Postby berndnoetscher » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:04 am

qylee wrote:Hi,
I know that KBASIC is a 32bit software. But our server runs the RED HAT 64-bit EL4 system, so I try to compile the KBASIC source code after QT library installation. The compilation succeed with some modifications, include adding '//' to remark some sentences in some .h files (define.h _menubaritem.h _toolbarbaritem.h). Now the file 'kbide' can run and show the IDE frame. The sample project can be opened and the forms can be shown. Unfortunately, all samples can't be run or compiled.
So, is there any people who can solve this problem? Ah...you know, the IDE can be shown but sample projects don't work, maybe the VM needs optimization. And, maybe somebody can do that. I do hope to use KBASIC under 64bit Linux.
Thanks for your comments.

Sorry, no chance for a 64 bit KBasic (too many sections needed to be fixed for 64 bit in compiler and runtime), but you may try out its successor, which runs in 64 bit as well, in a few months. It will have nearly all features (same form designer as well).
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Return to Installation