Importing VBA forms

Importing VBA forms

Postby kkbs » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Years ago (probably in the old forum) it was discussed that implementation of the ability to import VB files from MS Office is not a hard task. Alas, this is still not possible. The code is imported, but the elements of the frame are not.
I hope that there shall be a solution soon.
kkbs

Re: Importing VBA forms

Postby berndnoetscher » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:26 am

kkbs wrote:Years ago (probably in the old forum) it was discussed that implementation of the ability to import VB files from MS Office is not a hard task. Alas, this is still not possible. The code is imported, but the elements of the frame are not.
I hope that there shall be a solution soon.

Hi
Maybe someone would like to write an importer in KBasic, as it is not top priority (I am sorry to write that) it have to wait. Do you really have such complex dialog forms in VBA not to make it in some hour to KBasic?
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Postby Henning » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:28 am

Maybe someone would like to write an importer in KBasic, as it is not top priority (I am sorry to write that) it have to wait. Do you really have such complex dialog forms in VBA not to make it in some hour to KBasic?

I don't think it is that easy. VBA is not a stand-alone basic, it has no life outside the "parent" office app. You can't even directly import it to VB.
Writing VB apps dealing with Office is a pia because the Office versions are not compatible.

/Henning
Henning

Postby kkbs » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:35 am

berndnoetscher wrote:Do you really have such complex dialog forms in VBA not to make it in some hour to KBasic?

Indeed I don't have something so complex, but I've got the idea that it seemed to be an easy task.

Henning wrote:I don't think it is that easy. VBA is not a stand-alone basic, it has no life outside the "parent" office app. You can't even directly import it to VB.
Writing VB apps dealing with Office is a pia because the Office versions are not compatible.
/Henning

Well, I've read some tutorials about converting a VBA top VB.NET and it said "convert to VB6 first". I don't have VB6, so I can't tell if it has a decent converter. The only thing I am sure is that VB.NET can't convert properly a VB6 app.
kkbs

Return to Anything Else