No events from Linux menubar

Questions regarding syntax

No events from Linux menubar

Postby bobr » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm

I have constructed a menubar control which works fine under OS-X but not under Ubuntu Linux. I've a mixture of parent and child menus which do not produce an event in my event handling code. Under OS-X it all works great. Now, what I suspect is the QT4 code. Is it possible that I have not incorporated something correctly when I created my Linux system? I'm not a Linux expert, so I don't really know what I'm doing.

I've installed QT4 Designer, Linguist, Assistant and Settings using Ubuntu Software Centre. Is there something else I should have done/installed?
bobr

Re: No events from Linux menubar

Postby Slowdown » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 pm

hi bobr,

Are you willing to post some example code, in that case i will fire-up Ubuntu in VirtualBox to look at it.
Regards
Slowdown for now i'm back
Slowdown

Postby bobr » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks Slowdown.
I have checked the menubar KBasic example code and that doesn't work for me either, so it's not just my bit of programming! When I run the example I can click on the menubar items and they respond (including the child menus), but none of them produce an event. The 'disable/enable menubar item' also works o.k. It's all very frustrating!!!
bobr

Postby Slowdown » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:45 am

Hi bobr,
Have to disappoint you, tested several codes but when using MenuBar in Linux (Suse) it doesn't work.
Perhaps Bernd can help out here but i know he is very bussy with Objb.
Regards
Slowdown for now i'm back
Slowdown

Return to Coding Questions