MySQL Problems

Questions regarding syntax

MySQL Problems

Postby elgunvo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi,

I have been trying and trying but still with problems.

My software is at the moment free but I would like people to register and receive a product key based on there name, date of registration in md5 format. The website side is done, i have created the database and the registration form before downloading which is basically name & email address to then allow them to use the program.

I want this for monitoring how many people use my software. Okay, so now for my question...

I cant somehow get the program to connect with MySQL using the QMySQL driver plugin.

Here is my configuration in the database connection window for the project.

Driver: MySQL
DB Name: Software_Signups
Host: elpingosoft.com (Changed so that people dont hack, not kbasic or users but on a forum no one knows)
User: SSS
Pass: WED123
Note: again user and pass are false to protect my server

Port: 3306

When i click okay, it says access denied!

All fields are correct... as to my knowledge... anybody can give me any ideas on how it can connect? once thats done i can use Run() to run the mysql code to get the users activation.

Regards

Ashley Johnson
elgunvo

Re: MySQL Problems

Postby Henning » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:12 pm

I prefere to access db's in code, not using bound functions.

Don't know if this is to any help...

[url]
http://www.kbasic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=583
[/url]

/Henning
Henning

Re: MySQL Problems

Postby berndnoetscher » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:35 am

Hi,

as you wrote you do not get a success in connection, but a message "access denied".

It means that you get a connection, but the mysql server refuses to let you in. Which also means that the mysql plugin driver successfully got a connection.

Check you username and password again or try the mysql client software to find out what went wrong.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Return to Coding Questions