Just Purchased, Wanted to say Hello :-)

Questions regarding syntax

Just Purchased, Wanted to say Hello :-)

Postby gbison » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Hello all,

My aplogoies if this was the wrong place to post this but I didnt see anywhere else for it to go. Just wanted to say Hello as I have just purchased Kbasic for the development of applications and to get into the world of VB style programming. Im not new to the basic language, but to VB style Im a complete newb so I'll be asking a lot of questions I hope I dont get flamed over. :(

Im use to a more procedural style of programming for video games with languages such a Dark Basic Pro, PlayBasic, Blitz and others. Application programming has become something I have realized I need to work on as well and the languages I have described above dont work so well for that. KBasic really seems to work well for this and I loved what I could do already with just the trial. So if you have any tips or direction for me to help with VB style programming please advise, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist" . ;-)
gbison

Re: Just Purchased, Wanted to say Hello :-)

Postby Slowdown » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:02 am

Welcome gbison,

The best way to explore KBasic is,
install KBasic (you have done that)
read the manuals.
look and play with the examples.
Try to create a project of your own.
And if you encounter problems ask here ;)
just my two cents.
Regards
Slowdown for now i'm back
Slowdown

Re: Just Purchased, Wanted to say Hello :-)

Postby gbison » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:51 am

Thanks!

Im doing just that....having a blast so far, thanks for the support.

Biggest problem Im having is trying to figure out the available functions for the things Im trying to do....lol :lol:
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist" . ;-)
gbison

Return to Coding Questions