Desktop shortcuts are not removed after uninstall.

If you have problems with the installation of KBasic, you are right here

Desktop shortcuts are not removed after uninstall.

Postby kkbs » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:17 pm

Desktop shortcut KBasic Software Atelier is not removed after uninstalling KBasic.
kkbs

Re: Desktop shortcuts are not removed after uninstall.

Postby berndnoetscher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:03 pm

On which platform? Linux, Mac or Win? Thanks.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Postby kkbs » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:23 am

In Windows (XP).
In Linux there was another problem- too many icons were put on the desktop (including Uninstall, IMHO it has nothing to do on the desktop).
Also, it would be nice if the Linux installer created some link to the kbasic executable (somewhere in /usr/), so typing kbasicide in the console would launch KBasic. Now users have do to it manually.
kkbs

Postby berndnoetscher » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am

kkbs wrote:In Windows (XP).
In Linux there was another problem- too many icons were put on the desktop (including Uninstall, IMHO it has nothing to do on the desktop).
Also, it would be nice if the Linux installer created some link to the kbasic executable (somewhere in /usr/), so typing kbasicide in the console would launch KBasic. Now users have do to it manually.

Thanks. I used to use the Nullsoft installer to create the installer package, maybe I have to check another tool.
On opensuse 10.2 it works as expected with icons to launch kbasic and uninstaller.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Postby kkbs » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:33 pm

berndnoetscher wrote:
kkbs wrote:In Windows (XP).

Thanks. I used to use the Nullsoft installer to create the installer package, maybe I have to check another tool.

Probably just the installer script is misconfigured.

berndnoetscher wrote:On opensuse 10.2 it works as expected with icons to launch kbasic and uninstaller.

1. IMHO exactly the uninstaller icon shall not be on the desktop. It would better be in the main menu.
2. I meant that it would be nice if a launcher to kbasicide was autocreated i.e. in /usr/bin.
kkbs

Postby Danerd100 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:00 am

A good software for creating installers is called Install Creator from clickteam software. just google it. it requires no scripting, however, I am not sure if you can edit system variables and registry values.
Danerd100

Return to Installation